Monday, December 28, 2009

The Laws of Attraction...how the universe works...sorta

As we head into the New Year, I want to share a TON of gratitude to all our loyal clients, many who have been with us for years. I want to thank all the great people I met while filming our new show, its always great to meet people live, in person. And, since then many of them have kept in contact. One of them I recently had dinner with, and a couple of them write me regularly. It's awesome.

I also want to thank those of you that donated to the Trend Fund Foundation (You still can!) and who paid for the Window Dressing class that ROCKED (100% of the proceeds is going to the Trend Fund Foundation!).

I'm always in awe when people truly take the time to change their lives. Having said that, and like I always tell clients at seminars and online in webinars and such, trading isn't for everyone, just like opening a Pizza shop isn't something I would be good at more then likely. Some get it and flourish, and some don't and move on to other opportunities. Ultimately, the laws of attraction, I think, take over and people migrate toward what works for them.

I always say it and I stick to it, our goal is to get you to a place where you can do it on your own successfully. Yeah, I hope you stick around anyway, but it's a success if we can get you to a place where you can fish on your own. I take a lot of pride in that, truly.

I remember trading when I first started, its very different then how I do it now. Back then it was a full time (triple time) job. These days I spend much of my time at home working on various projects, fulfilling services and taking care of my kids as a #1 priority. I also take care of my health, which is something I took for granted til not so long ago.

Life is full of twists and turns, and I think trying new things, breaking old habits, and making renewed commitments to success are keys to just that - success.

It's interesting doing the radio show and talking to so many cool people who have achieved success in various endeavors. They each have a unique perspective, but ultimately one thing they all seem to have in common is the ability to move positively through life. Me? I can't always seem to do that, much as I try. Sometimes I get down, but one thing I have learned over the years is that as long as you keep getting up, and up, and up, and up...eventually you won't fall down anymore.

Today I got called a warrior by someone I respect a lot. Eh, I don't know if I'm anything other then a dude, but one other piece out of the success book is that it's good to take compliments and be gracious about it. Another person I respect, out of the blue sent me an email saying they admire me. I had a client tell me the same, in fact a few great emails from clients.

I'm truly blessed. Yesterday my entire family got together for our annual family holiday party. We're such a mixed bag religion wise, we're all over the place, so we just celebrate everything for the most part. It's one of the best years of my and my kids lives every year.

It'll be 2010 soon enough, and I think 2010 is gonna be my best year on earth, I really do. I think I'm going to have my best all around year - ever. People define these things in a myriad of ways. And, I used to define it that I had a hot (or any) meal growing up at times, or not dropping out of school, or having the cute girl I went out with let me give her a kiss on her cheek (I never got any further then that, trust me). And, I certainly used to define it by how many great days trading I had, or how much money I had in the bank.

Now? Sure, some of those things are important, but honestly, the most important thing is having all those cool great well wishes, and returning the favor...and, even more so...hearing my girls wake up every day and the first thing out of their mouths every day, literally, is "daddy, I love you".

That, my friends, is the law of attraction, and that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Happy trading, happy holidays and I look forward to serving you all in 2010. We have HUGE new initiatives, and HUGE new projects to unveil in 2010 and I'm looking for new ways to rule the market, cause that's what I do for you. I can't cuddle with ya, but I can try my darndest to teach ya how to fish.

The universe works in reverse sometimes. The more you give, the more you get back. I sometimes forget that, but writing out here with you, I remember it well.

RULE...

Michael "Waxie" Parness

No comments: