Sunday, June 15, 2008

The week ahead...

Market had a nice solid rally Friday. As I posted here Thursday, I though the brokers may have seen a near term "bottom" depending on news that comes out from GS Tuesday.

There's a trend I've found to be very profitable over the years. Usually a sector that is heavily shorted and hated will get at least 2 days and often 3 or 4 rally wise. Shorts need to cover and in a beaten down sector it usually takes more than 1 day to cover, and also panic starts to set in and the stocks get a nice bump. For LEH the CEO and CFO stepping down was the news that bottomed it near term. Do I think it'll last? NO SHOT IN HELL. But, so what? As a trader you just need it to last as long as you're in it.

Happy Father's DAY to all who qualify! Can't wait to give my baby girls a BIGGGG hug!
And, get one from them!

In the meantime, I'm preparing to meet a bunch of you in NJ at our seminar! I always enjoy meeting clients who are excited about learning how to RULE THE FREAKIN' MARKETS!

This time is no different, Tiny, myself and Scott are all geared up! Hopefully we rule the market for the week. We shall see what we shall see!

Watch GS Tuesday, LEH monday is a non event more than likely given what happened last week. The stock might get a further bump and if GS doesn't say anything horrible GS might try for $200 again. I think its nuts and it'll move to $120s eventually (or lower) but the market doesn't move in one direction, it trades up and down and up and down and down and up, and...you get my drift.

Oh, I will be posting a link next week for you all to buy my movie, Crazy for Love. It's also now available for rent at Blockbusters around the country. Kinda cool. Give it a watch and let me know what you think...if you like it!

See ya on the other side...

Waxie

*I have a call on the banks shortly. Watch for C or a couple of the big guys to say they are cutting their dividends. I think THAT will be a tradeable bottom on a sell the rumor, buy the news TREND! I think it'll be a VERY nice trade actually, so keep an eye out for that news to break. When it does you might want to think about shorting the SKF or buying the banking index or the stocks that have that news. Obviously use a stop if you choose to take that trade. We shall see, what we shall see!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

RULE

8 comments:

jamesfreddyc said...

WAXIE,

Thanks for posting your insights, it's incredibly valuable.

A couple of years ago I had purchased TTTW package, your book -- both of which I continually enjoy and have learned a great deal from. Unfortunately, I have been unable to put that knowledge to use as I am still building up enough savings to even think about trading --- getting there is a long road, but attainable.

With that said, I do paper trade, if for anything else but to build some skills. Obviously, without the LevelII quotes I am merely practicing, but nonetheless I find it incredibly encouraging to implement the ideas you have provided.

...They friggin' work, dude.

Anyway -- happy fathers day to ya.

Take Care!

Jeanne Mancuso said...

Waxie,

Happy Father's Day!! I'm excited. I just signed up for a year of Trendfund Coaching. When the guy asked me about my goals I gave him a lame answer...my real goal is to beat your record of turning $33,000 to 7 million or whatever. I figure if you can do it...I can too. Woman power, you know. I'm sure there will be a lot of studying and learning to do...but I plan on beating the boys (you, Tiny, and Scott) at your own game.
:) Have a great Father's day.

Jeanne

Jeanne Mancuso said...

It's probably time for me to read that book, "How to Win Friends and Influence People". In no way did I mean to diminish your accomplishment and I do think you have an unfair advantage because you're Jewish. Just trying to get excited about a year of studying, and I do think I'll learn alot.

Sorry,

Jeanne

Waxie said...

Jeanne, its ok, but fyi, shhh, don't tell anymore, not all Jews have gold buried in their basement! I grew up pretty poor.
How much did you pay for a year of our coaching, I'd like to know! :)

Waxie

Jeanne Mancuso said...

Waxie,

The reference to Jews pertained to extra 'smarts' and a stress on education.

I had the first call tonight and it was very informative. I thought it was going to be like studying taxes but it's much more interesting.

I paid a reasonable amount. Have to keep the old mind active and it may as well be profitable. :)

Jeanne

Waxie said...

I know, Jeanne. Not all Jews are smart, either. I'm pretty dumb, I just happen to have a good crystal ball and sold my soul to Faust for stock picks! :)

Waxie said...

james, keep up the dream, it'll happen, fyi! Didn't mean to ignore your post.

Keep putting it out there, it'll all come together for ya!

jamesfreddyc said...

Discipline is getting me closer to that dream each day -- what'd they call it? "Delayed Gratification"?

Well, Dreams have never made my bed. But working each day to reach that dream is the ONLY way!

Rock on, Waxie! Thanks for the encouragement!