Monday, October 06, 2008

Hi, my name is Waxie, and I'm a recovering Traderholic...

Man O Man alive, what a crazzzzzyyyyy market! And, what a SWEET and CUDDLY and BEAUTIFUL MARKET! Down over 800 points at one point today I sent out an alert to start covering our shorts! I must say that was a NICE call in and of itself! Then we got LONG and caught some of that reversal to boot! I am just completely CRUSHING this market, baby! Ka-freakin'-chingo! Wowsa! I'll give you a VERY VERY strong trend, a little Waxie secret. Shhh, don't tell anyone! OFTEN when a market breaks below or above a key support or resistence it will reverse intraday. Tiny and I had talked Sunday night and we both felt that there was a good shot for a reveral off a down day intraday today. I was a little off, admittedly. I said to look at low 9800s as a place to bounce and we obviously went about 200 points below that level. Thing is, we were either going to completely crater or we were going to bounce, there wasn't any in between and THAT, my friends, is why you MUST take profits! MUST! I went basically to all cash midday and then bought some WB which didn't pan out yet after Bill Ackerman on CNBC said he owned 100+ MIL shares, I figured it might get a bounce. Was a wash basically, and we played several longs, such as GOOG for multi-point gains. Think about it, I had puts on FSLR. I sold them when FSLR was $136s. It closed at $159! That is the BEST CASE scenario! I love FSLR to under $100 eventually and probably sooner rather than later, but now I get to play it short again at a higher level! When? Let's see how Tuesday pans out. There's a shot we fill todays points and get back to 10,300s. Trust me, I'm not making that call, I am still leaning VERY bearish overall, but nothing goes in a straight line - not UP, and not DOWN! Even as I write this the futures are pointing to a pretty large gap up tomorrow, IF they hold (long way away!). I will say I ALMOST bought the futures at the close of the 1st session but just am so against holding anything long for any period of time beyond trading intraday that I passed. S & P up over 10 pts here now. I hope we do get that bounce up to around 10,500 which I think would provide a good entry, I think its gonna get tough to get too large a bounce here but we'll see what the Fed has up its sleeves to try to control the markets. Obviously they haven't done very well, have they? OK< so does ANYONE doubt the notion that passing that absurd Bill in congress didn't help the market? And, not passing it had NOTHING to do with the 777 point drop when it failed the 1st time? Propoganda is smoke and mirrors, folks, don't believe the hype! You should all try Options Trader, it is just racking up. Don't do it for me, do it for yourself! I'm gong to be doing some special options classes in 2 to 3 weeks, you should get an email or two on it shortly. I suggest you all sign up! For those that played the Short List, I mean, yes, you can say it, I RULEEEEE! Waxie

3 comments:

Jeff L said...

Hey Waxie,

First things first - yes, you completely RULE on the Shorts list!!! I made huge money between Friday morning and today's trading session. Thank you once again!

Question: Is it just me, or does it look like someone/something is artificially propping up MS? I was watching it all day, and it didn't matter how bad the rest of the market was getting cracked, it just wouldn't break $20. I would've thought mid teens for sure on a day like today. Just wondering what your thoughts are on this.

Thanks again.

Jeff L said...

Well you can disregard my question about MS. They're getting cracked good today - Kaching!!! :)

Rich said...

Art Cashin got his close at the lows today. Waddaya think Waxie, turn-around Wednesday coming up?